Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Literary Exercise : Gods And Mortals

Im TRYING to finish my novel Green Eyes but right now I am experiencing writers block...so the next few entries will be literary exercises...if you dont like to read...come back in three days lol. And without further ado...i will write until it makes sense....here we go.




What happens when Gods and mortals meet
Where fear and apprehension fleet
And sweet talk lasts from night til dawn
Without a single wearied yawn

How do you make a goddess laugh
When first she comes across your path
With promises she dare not keep
That finally get you back to sleep

How can you not offend the clouds
From wondering these things aloud
Like how can she be satisfied
With such a merely mortal guy

What rights that I would sacrifice
To spend one less than mortal night
With such a goddess once again
Even if she must pretend

Tell lies to me til I'm content
So I can breathe without resent
Since mortal lives are doomed to end
Let mine resign with Goddess friend

And when I'm gone
Return to skies
To conquer other fruitless flies
But handle them with gentle hands
Or crush them like you did this man

Your truth is never true or tried
But just a version of your lie
And those who choose to play pretend
Will never be alone again

What happens when Gods and mortals meet
Where fear and apprehension fleet
The mortal always lives to say
I curse the day she flew away

No comments: